Foundations of Workplace Safety
Online Workplace Safety Training for $59.00
How to register for the course:
- Please create a user account from the login page. Or, if you have an existing account, log in with your username/email and password.
- Once logged in, click on “Course Catalogue” from your dashboard
- In the drop-down menu, choose “Health and Safety” and click “Foundations of Workplace Safety”
- Follow the steps to register and pay for the course.
Click here for more help in creating or accessing your account and courses.
About the course
Entering the workforce for the first time can be intimidating, and statistics show that more than half of workplace accidents involve young or new workers during their first six months on the job.
Effective training is key to helping workers understand about workplace safety and is the best way to prevent accidents. Designed specifically for young or new workers, the recently launched Foundations of Workplace Safety course will help you prepare to enter the workplace with knowledge and confidence. This course also provides a great refresher for anyone working in the tourism and hospitality industry.
In addition to learning about your rights and responsibilities, as well as those of your employer, and understanding common workplace hazards, the course also covers the basics of WHMIS.
- What could go wrong?
- Workplace safety rules
- What’s with WHMIS?
- Contributing to a culture of safety
- Looking ahead and adapting to change
The course is self-paced and self-directed. It will take approximately three hours to work through the content, and you will receive a certificate when you successfully complete the course, final exam and course evaluation. Furthermore, it counts towards credits in the BC high school Workforce Training Certificates 12 program.